CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom


This morning I wake up so thankful that I save all of my emails! It is one thing to have a conversation face to face with someone and make up a lie about what they said, because then it becomes a he said she said situations. With an email there are exact words saved, and I am SUPER thankful for that. At the click of a button, what I really said is right there to read word for word. Poor Trav! lol Today I want to do a special blog because it is my Mom's bday. I know you are reading this, and I tell you everyday how much I love you. I do not always get the chance to tell you why, but today I am going to do just that. You are AMAZING, and more than I could ever have hoped for in a Mom. Trav and I both adore you, and cherish all you do for us.


I want to thank you for being there for me ALWAYS, even when at times I probably would have walked away. It isnt often anymore that you find a mom so dedicated to their children like you were to me growing up, and even now. Your patience and tender kindness you have about you is something many people lack. You were there to pick up the pieces when my heart was breaking, and I will never forget the worst day of my life holding you while we both cried. At a time I did not know how I would make the next day a great one, you made me see that it was possible. Sure enough almost 2 years to the day I was blessed with our healthy daughter, and your grandaughter Bailey. I am so thankful to have had you there on that day. It was so special to have you there coaching me into bringing our daughter into this world. Since then you have been such a great help to me, and I will forever be grateful. Thank you for knowing your place in our family, and cherishing the time you get with Bailey even if it isnt as often as you would like. Thank you for respecting all the choices that Trav and I make for our daughter, even if you might do something different, and never even questioning us. Thank you for realizing and giving us the space we need to build our family. I know Trav really appreciates your support and respect in a huge way, and your trust knowing that WE are doing what is best for OUR daughter. I want to thank you for the effort you put into making Trav comfortable when we hang out, even if that means you have to talk sports (something you know nothing about)! :) Thank you for not letting me know when I am in the wrong even though I am your daughter. I want to thank you in a HUGE way for giving me the tools I need to be the best mother to B, and wife to Trav. I know he wants to thank you for teaching me how to cook. :) You are soooo special to us. Bailey adores you and would thank you if she could for cherishing each moment with her even if it is only for a few minutes at Target or wherever it may be. Thank you for being so laid back, and just normal. I will never forget the sacrafices you have made to give me the life you have. Thank you for knowing and teaching me that life is not about material things. I know you do not buy B tons of toys, clothes, and gifts and that stuff truly means nothing. Your bond with her, and the love you give her means the world and she will grow to one day cherish that. I LOVE our Monday Tuesday long chats on the phone, and wish I could see you more. My world is better because of you, and I could never have the right words of time to thank you enough. I LOVE you Mom with all of my heart, and I am so grateful to have your positive role in our life, and I know Trav feels the same. Your being religious used to throw him off a little bit, but he knows that you are just a really good genuine person who loves us all to bits and he appreciates that. Lastly I want to thank you for understanding your role as Baileys grandma, and knowing your job is to love her and that is it. Happy Birthday Mom~~~ I can't wait to have dinner tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet post! You are blessed to have a great mom.
She looks great BTW! Hope That your mom's b day is wonderful!