CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I need more sleep!

You would think with Bailey sleeping through the night I get plenty of sleep! NOT! Between birthday planning and trying to get inventory done for my first stocking while taking care of everything else I do on the daily is cutting into my sweet sleep I used to enjoy so much! lol At night I am often drinking coffee and sewing until midnight some nights. It is worth it though and after B's bday I think things will slow down a bit, although by then I will have a wedding to plan! It never ends. Eloping is looking even better now, although that would not make my mom happy. Bailey is napping and I am taking a break from my busy day. I am still roasting chiles today. Who knew 40 pounds would be sooo much! Trav came home from work yesterday and was eating the roasted chiles plain! He was like "I love these things so much"! I had planned to serve leftovers last night but instead made chicken tacos so he could enjoy more of the roasted hatch chiles. I forgot to share in my last post that Thurs and Fri of last week Trav did his yearly career days fair with his work where he goes and shows HS kids how to do his job. He has fun doing it but by the end of the day he is pooped mentally because he never has to interact like that on his normal job. It was kinda funny to hear him talk about having to socialize all day was difficult. Anyway while he was there a lady that works in HR was there with him and he took a few of my diapers to show her because he is so proud which is too funny, but he also told her all about our natural lifestyle and the Co-op and such. Never in a million years did I ever think he would be excited about these choices and want to share the info with others. I think it is sweet and the lady thought it was great and took down my store info and the co-op also. The bad thing about him hanging out all day with an HR lady is she confirmed every rumor he heard about the crapshoot of a company he works for. They put absolutely no value in their employees and some day soon he believes they will all be let go. They are subbing out his work that he does to other companies that will do it cheaper to make a profit. It sucks but what can you do. This really bothered him, and I just tried to let him know that we have so much to be thankful for and he can find something else. He is really good at what he does, and I have told him its time to break away now for awhile. Although he does not plan to quit before they for sure let his crew go, he did find another job working for a friends dad doing something a little different. I am so proud of him, and the fact that he is not listening to the smoke they blow at him daily saying they are going to have work after June. It makes me happy that if they do say "see ya" he has another job to go to the next day. It will all work out, but I am sad that a company that he has worked several years for cares so little for their employees. Whatever, he is better off elsewhere in my opinion. Alright enough about that. I have had several people coming to me recently regarding Organics and such and wanting to know if it is worth it to switch and mostly in the economy where money is tight for alot of people. Where I try very hard to be as close to 100% organic. I found a list that comes in very handy when figuring out which foods to choose organically over others. They call it the dirty dozen and here is the info.
12 Most Contaminated
Peaches
Apples
Sweet Bell Peppers
Celery
Nectarines
Strawberries
Cherries
Pears
Grapes (Imported)
Spinach
Lettuce
Potatoes
12 Least Contaminated
Onions
Avocado
Sweet Corn (Frozen)
Pineapples
Mango
Asparagus
Sweet Peas (Frozen)
Kiwi Fruit
Bananas
Cabbage
Broccoli
Papaya

Also people have wanted to know what cleaning products I use. While I make my own detergent and all purpose cleaners. I do buy stain remover, fabric softener, and also soy toilet cleaner that is made from natural plant enzymes and not chemicals. Biokleen is the name of the company, and I buy my products in bulk off of Amazon.com because that is the cheapest way to go. Lately too as if I do not have tons of stuff going on. I have certain friends calling me for advice. One friend recently wanted to know how you go about choosing in your will who your child should go to if something was ever to happen to both of us. I know for Trav and I months ago we talked about this and the decision was super easy. Of course you have to make sure for one the person or persons you name are willing to take on the resposibility, so you should talk with them first. Secondly and to me it SOOO important.........is that their is no doubt in your mind that they will raise your child according to your wishes. It was as simple as that for us, and I hope I was able to help her with that. Of course nobody wants to think of something like that, but you totally have to. I know that last thing I want if something was to happen to us, is for people fighting over who gets our daughter. I do not see this ever happening though since one of us is always with her! lol Something to think about though for those who have kids and have not done so. On a lighter note yesterday I finally ordered the tin backsplash for the kitchen. I was having a hard time deciding between copper and silver and Trav left it up to me. I went with copper because it really ties in with the colors I have chose! I am going to take before pictures tonight because we are starting the major work this weekend! Yay!!!!

0 comments: